Taylor Swift lashes out at Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and 'sexist' tabloids
Singer takes on her critics in new Vanity Fair interview
Taylor Swift is lashing out at her supposed critics in a new Vanity Fair interview - among them 2013 Golden Globes hosts Amy Poehler and Tina Fey.
"You know, Katie Couric is one of my favorite people. Because she said to me she had heard a quote that she loved, that said, 'There's a special place in hell for women who don't help other women,'" said the singer when asked about jibes directed at her by the comedians during the January ceremony, who at one point jokingly warned her to "stay away from Michael J. Fox's son."
Of course, the comedy duo weren't the only targets of the "We Are Never Ever" songstress's wrath, as she also had some choice words for a media culture she claims has turned her into a "fictional character" by entertaining a constant flow of rumors and speculation about her love life.
"If you want some big revelation, since 2010 I have dated exactly two people," claimed Swift, referring to One Direction singer Harry Styles and Conor Kennedy. "The fact that there are slide shows of a dozen guys that I either hugged on a red carpet or met for lunch or wrote a song with. . . it's just kind of ridiculous. It's why I have to avoid the tabloid part of our culture, because they turn you into a fictional character."
And what's more...
"For a female to write about her feelings, and then be portrayed as some clingy, insane, desperate girlfriend in need of making you marry her and have kids with her, I think that's taking something that potentially should be celebrated — a woman writing about her feelings in a confessional way — that's taking it and turning it and twisting it into something that is frankly a little sexist," she continued.
So you know, take that, media.
The above comments will be featured in Vanity Fair's April issue.
Do you think Swift's statements are fair? Sound off in the comments section below.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn