Steven Spielberg won't direct 'Robopocalypse' this spring after all
'Lincoln' helmer puts Anne Hathaway-Chris Hemsworth sci-fi on indefinite hold
Steven Spielberg has indefinitely delayed his much-anticipated return to the sci-fi genre.
The "Lincoln" helmer has put a hold on his plans to direct a big-budget adaptation of "Robopocalypse," the futuristic Daniel H. Wilson novel that was to go in front of the cameras this spring with stars Anne Hathaway and Chris Hemsworth. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Spielberg felt he needed more time to work on the project before moving forward, with a representative for the director citing budget problems and an inadequate script.
The storyline of the book centers on the efforts of a small band of human survivors to bring down a malevolent artificial intelligence named Archos, who has wiped out much of the Earth's population.
Spielberg recently earned a Golden Globe nod for directing "Lincoln" (click here for a full list of nominees), which is vying for a total of seven awards at the upcoming ceremony, including one for star Daniel Day-Lewis. On the flipside, the director was a surprise shut-out at today's BAFTA nominations.
Were you looking forward to "Robopocalypse"? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title