Steve Carell says he doesn't 'even have a script' for 'Anchorman 2' yet
Funnyman is at Sundance Film Festival with 'The Way, Way Back'
HitFix caught up with former "Office" star Steve Carell at the Sundance Film Festival, where he discussed his new film "The Way, Way Back."
In the video interview above, Carell also chats about the highly-anticipated sequel "Anchorman 2," which will reunite him with the original film's co-stars including Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd and Christina Applegate.
Carell notes "Back's similarities to his earlier film "Little Miss Sunshine," and praises the work of co-star Maya Rudolph, although the two don't share any screen time in the film. "I'd love to work with her," he told HitFix, "and to have dialogue with her would be fun." It also stars Sam Rockwell and Allison Janney.
He doesn't have much to reveal about "Anchorman 2," although it's not because he's being coy. It may comes as somewhat of a surprise that he doesn't "even have the script yet."
Carell stated earlier that the comedy sequel was shooting in March of this year and is scheduled for release December 20.
"The Way, Way Back" was just picked up for distribution by Fox Searchlight and is scheduled for a Summer 2013 release.
Carell will soon be seen opposite Jim Carrey in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts