'Step Up Revolution' leads talk instant six-packs and living 'Grease' fantasies: Watch
Kathryn McCormick and Ryan Guzman star in this weekend's 3D dance sequel
Quick: put one reality TV star and one mixed-martial arts fighter in the same movie, and what do you get?
Why, "Step Up Revolution 3D," of course! The fourth film in the popular dance franchise hits theaters this weekend, kids, and it's got more tight shirtless bodies and ludicrously over-the-top dance sequences than you can shake a stick at. And isn't that just what you wanted?
Speaking of tight shirtless bodies, the film stars former MMA fighter/cinematic newcomer Ryan Guzman, who clearly didn't take too many blows to the face during his tenure in the cage - and thank goodness for that, because just look at him for chrissakes.
Also making her big debut in the film is former "So You Think You Can Dance" contestant Kathryn McCormick, looking every inch the movie startlet in her sexed-up role as a wealthy young woman who hooks up with a delectable hunk (Guzman) from "the wrong side of the tracks." So what's a girl to do?
'So You Think You Can Dance' recap: 2 more dancers head home
Kick-ass performances can't save a pair of stellar dancers
Exclusive: Preview 'SYTYCD' alum Travis Wall's new docu-series 'All the Right Moves'
'All the Right Moves' goes behind the scenes of the dance world
"Dude, dance cuts you up really quick," said the actor, responding to my question about his workout routine at the film's junket over the weekend. "I lost 15 pounds in one week of just dancing alone. Yeah, you lose a lot of weight and it tones your whole body up. You're using...especially if you're...partnering with a girl, you're using certain body parts that you normally wouldn't use. So after a week, two weeks, you end up looking down and you see a six pack and it works out."
Well, that sounds easy enough!
As for McCormick - also a ridiculously-attractive human being who came in third on Season 6 of the Fox competition series - it's probably fair to say that her trajectory from reality contestant to big-screen lead was the culmination of a long-time fantasy involving Olivia Newton-John.
"I have to say the [dance movies] I watched the most growing up [were] 'Dirty Dancing' and 'Grease,'" she told me, before adding of the latter: "It was like me and my grandma, we would always watch it. And I just loved it. I wanted to be Sandy, you know? And it's crazy to think that years later, I'm in a position where I'm sure so many young girls look up to me to be that, so it's pretty surreal."
You see, everybody? Dreams really do come true, for people who are beautiful and have talent.
You can check out the rest of my interview with Guzman and McCormick by clicking on the video above!
"Step Up Revolution" hits theaters this Friday.
Follow me on Twitter @HitFixChris
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
10 days ago
29 days ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]