'Star Trek Into Darkness' teaser trailer to debut on Thursday
One-minute spot for the J.J. Abrams sequel will be released online
"Star Trek" fans will be getting a better look at J.J. Abrams' upcoming movie sequel a little sooner than expected.
A one-minute teaser for the highly-anticipated follow-up (which was previously glimpsed in a blink-and-you'll-miss-it snippet that "premiered" on "Conan" back in October) is slated to hit computer screens everywhere this Thursday. That's a full week prior to the release of Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey," the IMAX showings of which are slated to screen "Into Darkness"' first nine minutes (non-IMAX showings will screen a full theatrical trailer).
First reported by TrekMovie, news of the teaser was subsequently confirmed by actor Simon Pegg (reprising his role as Enterprise engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott in the sequel). Tweeted the thesp: "Star Trek Into Darkness trailer. Premieres online, this Thursday. Get ready to boldly go again."
According to TrekMovie's sources, the teaser and the full theatrical trailer will share some of the same footage, though the former will also boast some exclusive visuals.
"Star Trek Into Darkness" hits theaters on May 17.
News From Our Partners
- William Bradley: Mad Men: 'Chevy Is Spelled Wrong!' PHOTOS: The Bluth Banana Stand Is Here! WATCH: Elisabeth Moss Was Nervous About Peggy's Future
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash