Soundgarden rebels against DJs and rides segways in new Dave Grohl-directed video
Deadmau5 gets to arrest reunited Seattle rockers
Soundgarden have enlisted fellow rocker Dave Grohl to direct the video for their latest single "By Crooked Steps" from the Seattle band's comeback album "King Animal."
The unusually light-hearted clip features Soundgarden as some sort of motorcycle gang -- except they ride Segways when they cruise the streets of suburban L.A. gang. They soon get in a scuffle with a dance DJ in a dingy club, where they take over the stage and tear into their own live, hard rocking material. Girls, booze and good times suddenly appear -- until the cops, led by an unmasked EDM superstar Deadmau5 -- shut them down.
It's a fun, tongue-in-cheek move in the never-ending Rock and Roll vs. Electronic Music rivalry.
Watch it here:
Grohl, who's taken some time off of his main band Foo Fighters to direct the upcoming rock doc "Sound City," no doubt became friends with Soundgarden when he was drumming for Nirvana in the early '90s Seattle scene. Time sure does fly.
What do you think of the video?
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures