Skrillex talks scoring 'Spring Breakers' and his 'crazy' new video with A$AP Rocky: Watch
EDM superstar talks to press backstage at the Grammys
It's fair to say that Skrillex had a pretty memorable night on Sunday.
The EDM superstar took home a total of three Grammys at yesterday's big show, running away with Best Dance Recording, Best Dance/Electronica Album and Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical for his remix of Nero's "Promises." Astonishingly, those are the same three awards Skrillex won at the 2012 ceremony, an impressive repeat performance that speaks to his current influence in the electronic music genre.
"I thought I would get used to [winning Grammys], but I swear I was tripping over every word when I was giving my acceptance speech," said Skrillex during a press conference following his wins. "It was like, I felt like I jumped in a pool of ice water and I couldn't even breathe or think. It was crazy. It was crazier than last year. I didn't expect to be here."
2013 is shaping up to be another stellar year for the DJ, who among other recent projects co-composed the score for Harmony Korine's upcoming jailbait fantasy movie "Spring Breakers" starring Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco.
Watch Taylor Swift's one Grammy acceptance speech of 2013
The Civil Wars also thank fans and family despite a-hole behavior
Poll: Who was snubbed at the 55th Grammy Awards?
Carly Rae Jepsen, Bill Clinton, Florence and the Machine all had a bad night
Another recent collaboration for the DJ came with his guest stint on A$AP Rocky's "Wild for the Night," a cut off the Harlem rapper's No. 1 debut album "Long. Live. ASAP."
"We're going to Rio to shoot this crazy video [for the song] out there," Skrillex told reporters of the track. "There is definitely a lot of collaborations in the urban world but it was bound to happen anyway. We're all using the same ear to make music."
So what can we expect from the video?
Answered Skrillex: "You'll just have to see it when it comes out."
For more from Skrillex, you can check out video taken at one of his Grammy press conferences above and clips from his pre-televised acceptance speeches below.
News From Our Partners
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)