Skrillex talks scoring 'Spring Breakers' and his 'crazy' new video with A$AP Rocky: Watch
EDM superstar talks to press backstage at the Grammys
It's fair to say that Skrillex had a pretty memorable night on Sunday.
The EDM superstar took home a total of three Grammys at yesterday's big show, running away with Best Dance Recording, Best Dance/Electronica Album and Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical for his remix of Nero's "Promises." Astonishingly, those are the same three awards Skrillex won at the 2012 ceremony, an impressive repeat performance that speaks to his current influence in the electronic music genre.
"I thought I would get used to [winning Grammys], but I swear I was tripping over every word when I was giving my acceptance speech," said Skrillex during a press conference following his wins. "It was like, I felt like I jumped in a pool of ice water and I couldn't even breathe or think. It was crazy. It was crazier than last year. I didn't expect to be here."
2013 is shaping up to be another stellar year for the DJ, who among other recent projects co-composed the score for Harmony Korine's upcoming jailbait fantasy movie "Spring Breakers" starring Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens and James Franco.
Watch Taylor Swift's one Grammy acceptance speech of 2013
The Civil Wars also thank fans and family despite a-hole behavior
Poll: Who was snubbed at the 55th Grammy Awards?
Carly Rae Jepsen, Bill Clinton, Florence and the Machine all had a bad night
Another recent collaboration for the DJ came with his guest stint on A$AP Rocky's "Wild for the Night," a cut off the Harlem rapper's No. 1 debut album "Long. Live. ASAP."
"We're going to Rio to shoot this crazy video [for the song] out there," Skrillex told reporters of the track. "There is definitely a lot of collaborations in the urban world but it was bound to happen anyway. We're all using the same ear to make music."
So what can we expect from the video?
Answered Skrillex: "You'll just have to see it when it comes out."
For more from Skrillex, you can check out video taken at one of his Grammy press conferences above and clips from his pre-televised acceptance speeches below.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Mariah Carey Medleys, Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull on 'American Idol' Finale [Videos] Candice Glover Wins 'American Idol' Season 12 Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video]
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"