Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy's 'The Heat' pushed to summer
Paul Feig comedy was originally slated for an April release
The summer just got a little bit warmer.
Sandra Bullock/Melissa McCarthy buddy comedy "The Heat" has been pushed from its April 5 release date into the thick of the summer moviegoing season. The film will now debut on June 28, putting it in competition with the comic-book sequel "Kick-Ass 2" as well as the Channing Tatum actioner "White House Down" - no doubt a vote of confidence on the part of studio 20th Century Fox.
Directed by "Bridesmaids" helmer Paul Feig, "The Heat" follows two mismatched law-enforcement officers - Bullock's "uptight" FBI agent and McCarthy's "testy" Boston cop - as they partner up to bring down a notorious drug lord.
Will you be seeing "The Heat" when it hits theaters? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday