Sacha Baron Cohen to star in 'The Lesbian' for Paramount
Comedy to be based on real-life story of Hong Kong billionaire Cecil Chao
British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen has shocked audiences with "Borat," "Bruno" and "The Dictator." Now, get ready to see him in "The Lesbian."
Cohen is developing the comedy for Paramount based on the real-life story of Hong Kong billionaire Cecil Chao, who recently offered $65 million to any man who who could succeed in marrying his lesbian daughter, Gigi, who eloped to France with her longtime girlfriend and received the blessing of a French church.
According to Deadline, who broke the story, Cohen will likely play the billionaire character based on Chao, who lives extravagantly and has a reputation for being a ladies man.
Cohen will also produce through his Four By Two Films. The film has yet to acquire a writer and director.
His most recent film, Paramount's "The Dictator," flopped in the U.S., but grossed a handsome $175 million at the worldwide box office. Cohen was scheduled to appear in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming "Django Unchained," but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. He'll soon be seen in "Les Miserables," alongside Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh