Sacha Baron Cohen to star in 'The Lesbian' for Paramount
Comedy to be based on real-life story of Hong Kong billionaire Cecil Chao
British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen has shocked audiences with "Borat," "Bruno" and "The Dictator." Now, get ready to see him in "The Lesbian."
Cohen is developing the comedy for Paramount based on the real-life story of Hong Kong billionaire Cecil Chao, who recently offered $65 million to any man who who could succeed in marrying his lesbian daughter, Gigi, who eloped to France with her longtime girlfriend and received the blessing of a French church.
According to Deadline, who broke the story, Cohen will likely play the billionaire character based on Chao, who lives extravagantly and has a reputation for being a ladies man.
Cohen will also produce through his Four By Two Films. The film has yet to acquire a writer and director.
His most recent film, Paramount's "The Dictator," flopped in the U.S., but grossed a handsome $175 million at the worldwide box office. Cohen was scheduled to appear in Quentin Tarantino's upcoming "Django Unchained," but had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. He'll soon be seen in "Les Miserables," alongside Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy