Ryan Reynolds has 'little interest' in playing Green Lantern in 'Justice League'
Actor says a 'great script and a good director' could change his mind
The Justice League has taken another deadly blow -- from one of its own members.
Ryan Reynolds, the star of the much-maligned "Green Lantern," isn't very eager to reprise his role as the DC Comics superhero in the proposed "Justice League" film, although he might change his mind under certain circumstances.
"If you're going to do comic book movies in that vein, you really have to get them right," Reynolds told Empire. "I believe that Joss Whedon is the guy that just nails it and Christopher Nolan obviously nails it. So if they were gonna do it like that, it would be an interesting thing to do."
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
Since being announced last year in the wake of the huge box office success of Marvel and Whedon's "The Avengers," Warner Bros.' "Justice League" has had a seemingly difficult time coming together. Recent buzz indicates a screenwriter shake-up, and that the film's green light may depend on "Man of Steel's" box office.
From what we know, the core JL team will be composed of Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Superman (who will likely be played by "Man of Steel's" Henry Cavill), and Batman, with rumors flying that the "Dark Knight" team of Christian Bale and Nolan may be involved after all.
Meanwhile, Reynolds will soon be heard in the animated films "The Croods" and "Turbo." His next live-action film is this summer's "R.I.P.D."
If Ryan Reynolds bows out, who would you like to see play Green Lantern in "Justice League"?
News From Our Partners
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds