Ryan Gosling to direct Christina Hendricks in new 'fantasy noir' film
'Drive' stars team up for new feature that will serve as Gosling's directorial debut
"Drive" stars Ryan Gosling and Christina Hendricks are teaming up again - only this time, Gosling will be behind the camera.
The "Ides of March" thesp is set to make his directorial debut on "How to Catch a Monster," a film "set against the surreal dreamscape of a vanishing city" that "weaves elements of fantasy noir and suspense into a modern day fairytale." Hendricks will star as Billy, a single mother of two whose teenage son discovers a hidden road that leads to a town located underwater. The two later realize that the survival of their family depends on uncovering the mystery behind its existence.
Gosling, who wrote the film's script, will also produce alongside "Drive" producers Marc Platt and Adam Siegel, as well as Michael Litvak and David Lancaster via their Bold Films banner
"I am very appreciative to Marc Platt, Adam Siegel and Bold Films for being so supportive and I look forward to making this film with all of them," said Gosling in a statement.
Gosling will next be seen in Ruben Fleischer's "Gangster Squad," which had its release pushed to January following last month's tragic shootings at a Colorado screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" - an event that bore similarities to a major sequence featured in the film that is now being re-shot. He also has "The Place Beyond the Pines" opposite Bradley Cooper, Rose Byrne and Eva Mendes premiering at next month's Toronto Film Festival, which will also host the premiere of Hendricks' next film "Ginger & Rosa" co-starring Elle Fanning and Annette Bening.
Does "How to Catch a Monster" sound like a film you'd like to see? Sound off in the comments.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)