Ron Perlman returns as Hellboy to visit child for Make-A-Wish Foundation
Spectral Motion make up actor and friend to look like movie hero
Although his Devilish name suggests otherwise, Hellboy is actually a pretty angelic kind of guy.
Ron Perlman, who played the comic book-derived superhero in two films directed by Guillermo del Toro, paid a special visit to a child in a hospital via the Make-A-Wish Foundation.
While most kids seem to wish to meet sports icons or even movie stars, 6-year-old Zachary, who's undergoing treatment for leukemia, wanted to meet someone much cooler: Hellboy.
The Foundation contacted "Hellboy" makeup wizards Spectral Motion with his request, and they brought in Perlman, who jumped at the chance to put on the heavy red makeup, oversized right hand, and trademark trench coat once again for the daylong visit, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Zachary was even made up to look like a miniature Hellboy for the day.
Spectral Motion has more pics of the encounter on their Facebook page.
Perlman and del Toro are re-teaming for the upcoming "Pacific Rim," and have long flirted with the idea of a third "Hellboy" film.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead