Rolling Stones run through new and classic tunes in intimate Paris gig
Club show serves as warm up to U.S. and U.K. dates
In an intimate gig in Paris last night (Oct. 25), The Rolling Stones ran through a dozen songs as a prelude to the band’s 50th anniversary shows in Newark, N.J. and London in November and December.
The 70-minute show, before 600 people at La Trabendo, included brand new single, “Doom and Gloom,” as well as classics such as “Brown Sugar” and “Jumpin’ Jack Flash.” Tickets for the show were $20, with the 350 that were available to the public snapped up immediately. As we previously reported, fans were limited to two tickets apiece. It was the Stones' first show in five years.
[More after the jump...]
Though only four shows have been announced, Nov. 25 and 29 at London’s O2 Arena, and Dec. 13 and 15 at Newark’s Prudential Center, there may be more coming. As Keith Richards told Rolling Stone recently, “We ain’t doing all this for four gigs!”
Below the set list is a well-shot minute-long snippet of "Jumpin' Jack Flash" that shows the band is in fine form. Though the video is lousy, here's a link to a longer segment of the show with "Shattered" and "When The Whip Comes Down," and includes Mick Jagger joking that he's surprised that everyone in the band is still standing. So are we.
Complete set list (courtesy of Rolling Stone) is below.
"It's Only Rock & Roll (But I Like It)"
"When the Whip Comes Down"
"Champagne and Reefer"
"Doom and Gloom"
"Start Me Up"
"Jumpin' Jack Flash"
News From Our Partners
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013
'X Factor' judge's material doesn't always match her strong pipesTuesday, May 14, 2013