Rolling Stones' Keith Richards discusses collaboration with Jack White
Guitarist says band 'open' to having White produce new album
The ever-prolific Jack White may be teaming up with the world's greatest rock band soon.
In 2009, White went into the studio with iconic Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards, but the tunes they recorded have yet to see the light of day. However, it sounds like Richards is interested in making them public.
"I don't know if [Jack] ever considered that it was actually, like, master cuts," Richards recently told Rolling Stone, "But at the same time if Jack wanted to do it, I'd probably say, 'Yeah.'"
Meanwhile, Richards also touched on the Stones' upcoming 50th (wow) anniversary and what we might expect from a potential new album.
"We're going to talk about that in July and see," he said. "I mean, I'd love to get some tracks down and see what songs we've got. And that goes along with part of getting the band back together and getting things moving. So I'd love to cut some tracks, yeah."
White, who has produced albums for other legendary artists such as Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson, seems like a natural candidate to man the boards for the album, although there have been no indications (other than rumors) that he will. On that subject, the Richards seemed noncommittal, but open-minded. "That's always a possibility," Richards said. "The door is wide open."
Whit's first solo effort, "Blunderbuss," is available now. He recently recorded two new songs with Beck.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll