Rob Corddry and Jeff Garlin land ABC pilot leads
Former 'X Factor' contestant Hayley Orrantia will make TV debut on 'Normal'
Rob Corddry and Jeff Garlin have been fixtures of tube comedy for years, and now they're both set to star in their own ABC comedy pilots.
First, Corddry has inked a deal to play the lead in ABC's "Spy." The single-camera comedy pilot finds a hapless dad named Tim (Corddry) accidentally signing up for a secret agent gig in an attempt to impress his intelligent and well put-together son.
The pilot is based on the 2011 British comedy, in which Darren Boyd played the lead. The original’s creator, Simeon Goulden, is writing the U.S. version, which will be produced by ABC Studios and Hat Trick Prods., according to Deadline.
Meanwhile, "Curb Your Enthusiasm's" Jeff Garlin and "Bridesmaids" star Wendi McLendon-Covey will appear in ABC’s single-camera comedy pilot "How the Hell Am I Normal."
"Normal" is set in the 1980s and focuses on a pair of loud, loutish parents (McLendon-Covey, Garlin) who have three "eccentric" kids whom they coddle and spoil, reports Deadline.
In her TV debut, former "X Factor" contestant Orrantia will play their daughter Erica, a rebellious teen who torments her younger brother.
The pilot was written by Adam F. Goldberg ("Breaking In") and to be directed by Seth Gordon ("The King of Kong").
Corddry, perhaps best known for Adult Swim’s "Childrens Hospital," will soon be seen on the big screen in "Warm Bodies."
News From Our Partners
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?