Rihanna apologizes for journalists' bumpy ride on global 777 tour
Singer's promotional tour creates bad blood among writers
For a singer whose new album is called "Unapologetic," Rihanna is sure doing a lot of apologizing.
To promote her new album, Rihanna initiated the overly ambitious 777 world tour which found her playing seven countries in just seven days. In addition to the usual entourage of assistants, managers and the like, she was joined by contest-winners and myriad journalists.
Taking the group to Los Angeles, Mexico City, Toronto, Stockholm, Paris, Berlin, London and New York, the booze-fueled trek was hampered by flight delays, endless waiting, cramped bus rides, and a distinctive lack of Rihanna, who reportedly hardly interacted with the fans after an initial meet-and-greet and appeared to avoid the journalists entirely.
Rihanna apologized for the disappointing trip. "I know you guys got barely any dirt," Us Weekly reports she told the writers, "but I had to be good. I still sound [bad]. It's impossible to spend time with everybody, and I'm sorry I didn't. But this was excellent and I would definitely do it again."
She added that her throat was a concern. "Normally, I'd be back here popping bottles with y'all ... I had to preserve my voice," she claimed. "I was worried about my body more than partying on the plane, so I had to just sleep whenever I could. I hope you guys had as much fun as I did."
Rolling Stone contributor Jeff Rosenthal breaks down the experience here, and it doesn't sound like he had too much fun.
Meanwhile, Rihanna just tied Madonna with her twelfth No. 1 single, "Diamonds."
"Unapologetic" is available now.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
over 1 year ago
over 1 year ago
|Discuss Gear Talk on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!