Rick Ross has a big bow on the Billboard 200 with 'God Forgives, I Don't'
What are the Bee Gees doing in the top 10 for the first time in 3 decades?
Rick Ross makes his fourth trip to the summit of the Billboard 200 as “God Forgives, I Don’t” bows at No. 1 with sales o f 218,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
In this era of overall declining album sales, Ross is one of the few artists who has seen his opening week sales grow increasingly larger. As Billboard notes, Ross got a hand from Amazon, which priced the title at $5, deeply discounting it, but still pricing it above the $3.99 cut-off SoundScan requires to could as a sale.
The only other debut in the Top 10 belongs to Joss Stone with “The Soul Sessions, Vol. 2,” which sells 24,000. Check out our review here.
Zac Brown Band’s “Uncaged,” which logged two weeks at No. 1, slips to No. 2 with sales of 39,000. Justin Bieber’s “Believe” soars 6-3, while One Direction’s “Up All Night” jumps 7-4.
Amazon factors into some other albums we see on the chart in the Top 10:The Bee Gees’ “Number Ones” reenters the chart at No. 5 based on a 99 cent promotion by the retailer (SoundScan allows deeply discounted album sales to count more than six weeks after release). The title sells 32,000 copies, up a whopping 3,049% from the previous week. It also means the Bee Gees are back in the Top 10 for the first time since 1983.
On the bottom half of the Top 10, Nas’s “Life is Good” drops 2-6, “Kidz Bop 22” drops 5-7, Adele’s 21 moves up one spot to No. 8 as does Maroon 5’s “Overexposed” to No. 9.
Overall album sales were 5.24 million units, up 7% from last week, but down 8% compared with the same week in 2011. Year-to-date sales are down 3%.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Ten: The big wrap-up, including Jim Jarmusch's fantastic vampire film Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Mega Man X Trailer: The Blue Bomber Busts His Way to Wii U Next Week The Wrap Up: Charlie Sheen Gets a New Name For 'Machete Kills' New 'Man of Steel' TV Spot: "Why Did You Send Me Here?"
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development' WATCH: New 'Arrested' Clip You Probably Haven't Seen What Is Up With Rob Lowe's Face? The Actor On His Crazy 'Candelabra' Role
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- Demi Lovato Is Thrilled That Her Voice Is Finally Being Heard on Radio [Video] One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig
What is Paris Hilton doing on the list?Sunday, May 26, 2013
Singer takes to Facebook to respondSaturday, May 25, 2013
Who else debuts in the top 10?Saturday, May 25, 2013
The Purple One delivers goodies for the Memorial Day WeekendFriday, May 24, 2013