Report: Famke Janssen to cameo as Jean Grey in 'The Wolverine'?
'X-Men' actress reportedly flew to the film's Sydney set last week
Is Famke Janssen reprising her role as Jean Grey in "The Wolverine"?
WeGotThisCovered is claiming yes, with the site reporting (via a shadowy unnamed source) that the actress flew to the film's Sydney, Australia set last week to shoot a cameo as her "X-Men" character for the James Mangold-directed follow-up. Given the story's vague sourcing, we'll be treating this strictly as rumor unless we hear otherwise.
Janssen played Grey in the first three installments of the "X-Men" franchise. The character manifested as Grey's alter-ego the Phoenix for Brett Ratner's "The Last Stand," before being killed off by Wolverine/Logan during the film's climax.
"The Wolverine," pegged as a "stand-alone" sequel to 2009's "X-Men Origins: Wolverine," centers on the title character's (Hugh Jackman) journey to Japan, where he faces off with a Yakuza crime boss named Shingen Yashida (Hiroyuki Sanada). Based on the 1982 limited series "Wolverine" by Chris Claremont (writer) and Frank Miller (artist), it's slated for release on July 26.
Would you like to see a Jean Grey cameo in "The Wolverine"? Sound off below.
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room