Chris Pratt set to star in Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy'
Yep it's true: 'Parks and Recreation's star will play Star-Lord
"Parks and Recreation" star Chris Pratt is set to play the key role of Star-Lord, the half-alien hero leader whose real name is Peter Quill, according to Deadline.
The futuristic "Guardians" will depict Star-Lord and his superhero team against an evil alien race, and will directly tie into other Marvel phase 2 films such as "The Avengers 2," and, possibly, the upcoming "Iron Man 3."
Other actors who have been rumored to be in contention for the role of Star-Lord include Joseph Gordon-Levitt (who reportedly turned down the role), John Krasinski ("The Office"), Jim Sturgess ("Cloud Atlas") , Wes Bentley ("The Hunger Games"), Chris Lowell ("Private Practice"), and Cam Gigandet ("Twilight").
Jim Carrey and Adam Sandler are also allegedly being considered for voice roles in the film.
Pratt is best known for his comedic turn as the goofy Andy on NBC's "Parks and Recreation," but was also seen in "Moneyball" and as one of the Navy SEALs in Kathryn Bigelow’s "Zero Dark Thirty." He's currently starring in the all-star comedy anthology "Movie 43."
Part of Marvel's Phase 2, "Guardians Of The Galaxy," will hit theaters August 1, 2014.
What do you think of the news?
News From Our Partners
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- Why Do I Own This?: A pint glass nicked from Forks, Washington, a.k.a. “Twilight, U.S.A.” Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling Nerd Curious: Why the essential collection Bradbury Stories explains how to live forever
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?