Report: Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms return to 'Terminator' series
Are you excited at the prospect of 'The Last Stand' star's return?
Arnold Schwarzenegger is back on the big screen as a leading man, but now it appears he'll finally reprise his most famous role.
The actor has revealed that he will appear in the next "Terminator" film, being developed by by producer David Ellison, although there's been no official confirmation as of yet.
The former California governor revealed the news during a London press conference "The Last Stand," reports Bleeding Cool.
The film's producers recently hired a pair of writers to pen the script. "Avatar" co-producer Laeta Kalogridis and "Drive Angry" scribe Patrick Lussier will team for the screenplay, although it's unknown if it will revolve around the Connor family like the previous installments. Likewise, it's not known how Schwarzenegger's age will be dealt with in the film, seeing as how the terminator is an ageless machine in the other films.
Schwarzenegger starred as the killer cyborg in James Cameron's 1984 "The Terminator," before being reprogrammed for good in the 1991 "Terminator 2: Judgement Day." Cameron exited the series, and it took more than a decade for "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" (2003) to come out. Schwarzenegger then sat out 2009's "Terminator Salvation."
"The Last Stand," Schwarzenegger's first leading role in ten years, has so far struggled at the U.S. box office.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll