Quentin Tarantino says 'Kill Bill Vol. 3' is 'probably not happening'
Oscar winner also says he won't direct a James Bond film
It looks like Quentin Tarantino may have killed the chances for a third film in the "Kill Bill" series.
While he has often made references to an upcoming third volume, recent comments from the Oscar-winning writer-director have all but killed that idea.
While speaking to We Got This Covered at the Toronto premiere of his new film "Django Unchained," Tarantino was asked about the anticipated threequel.
He replied, "I don’t know if there’s ever going to be a 'Kill Bill. Vol 3.' We’ll see, probably not though."
In Volumes 1 and 2, The Bride (Thurman) exacts her revenge on her former boss, Bill (David Carradine) and her ex-teammates (Vivica Fox, Michael Madsen, Lucy Liu and Daryl Hannah) after they leave her for dead at her own wedding.
Volume 3 was rumored to be about the daughter of Vernita Green (Fox) getting revenge on Thurman's character some ten years after the events in the first film.
Tarantino also revealed that he won't be directing a James Bond film anytime soon. When asked about the possibility, he responded, "No. 'Casino Royale' was the one I wanted to direct; they missed their opportunity.”
That makes Tarantino the second big name director this week to turn away from the 007 franchise.
"Django Unchained," starring Jamie Foxx, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christoph Waltz, hits theaters December 25.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock