Pink's The Truth About Love' tour opens in Phoenix to a few glitches
Singer has ups and downs during U.S. Airways concert's first night
[More after the jump...]
The Phoenix New Times’ Nicki Escudero felt that Pink was focused more on the acrobatics and gymnastics that highlight the show than her singing. “[Pink] really has amazing vocal chops...for most of the first half of her concert, it was really diasppointing that Pink didn’t sing with as much gusto as you might expect in a live setting—she often seemed to be focused more on her choreography and letting her backup singers and audience members take control on songs.” The choreography includes her flying through the air without cable support.
Most of the glitches sound like typical opening night issues: She started a song over when a guitar player’s microphone went out during his solo; Pink’s mike went out during opening number “Raise Your Glass” (and a backing track could be heard).
On the plus side, when she concentrated on singing, Escudero said Pink sounded strong. “Pink’s voice seemed in tip-top shape. I just wish we heard more of it throughout her concert.”
For remaining tour dates on the two-month outing go here.
Above is a video produced by tour promoter Live Nation showing highlights from last night. Below, you can find a crowd-shot video of “Just Give Me A Reason," which features hometown hero, fun.'s Nate Ruess duetting with Pink on film.
News From Our Partners
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
Where does Mariah Carey's '#Beautiful' #debut?Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Rappers will appear with Bone Thugs N Harmony and Wu-Tang ClanWednesday, May 15, 2013
'They Don't Know' featured on next album, 'X'Wednesday, May 15, 2013
'X Factor' judge's material doesn't always match her strong pipesTuesday, May 14, 2013