Pink and fun.'s Nate Ruess conquer heartbreak in 'Just Give Me a Reason' video: Watch
Singer goes for a dive in latest clip from 'The Truth About Love'
- Critic's Rating A-
- Readers' Rating A
Pink is having a rough go of it in her latest video.
The platinum-topped singer agonizes over a breakup in this brand-new clip for "Just Give Me a Reason," the Nate Ruess-assisted third single from Pink's chart-topping 2012 album "The Truth About Love."
With a central motif that sees the 2013 Grammy nominee (for Best Pop Vocal album) thrashing about on a floating bed with only a creepy teddy bear and an old-school rabbit-eared TV as companions, the Diane Marte-directed clip is a stirring tribute to human resilience that also jibes well with the song's lovelorn-slash-uplifting lyrics ("We're not broken, just bent/We can learn to love again," Pink assures herself in the song's rousing chorus).
To underscore the song's central dilemma - finding the strength to move past a bout of seemingly-insurmountable romantic heartbreak - Pink's real-life husband Carey Hart appears in flashback/fantasy snippets as the former lover who got away, while Ruess plays a sort of inspirational-type figure who duets with the singer's more emotionally-together double.
My grade for the video: A-. After watching the video below, rate it for yourself at top left.
"The Truth About Love" has been certified platinum by the RIAA.
News From Our Partners
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays