Philip Seymour Hoffman and Rachel McAdams team for 'A Most Wanted Man'
Demarest Films to co-finance and co-produce John le Carré adaptation
Philip Seymour Hoffman will have some company in the upcoming spy thriller "A Most Wanted Man."
Rachel McAdams, Willem Dafoe and Robin Wright are joining the film, based on the novel by John le Carré. Demarest Films announced today that they will co-finance and co-produce the adaptation.
"Wanted" is set in Hamburg, Germany's Islamic community, where a mysterious, badly scarred half-Russian man gains the sympathy of a British banker and a young female lawyer as he tries to recover his father's misplaced fortune. However, a top-level German spy (Hoffman) starts to question the man's motives.
Anton Corbijn ("The American," "Control") is directing from a script by Andrew Bovell ("Edge of Darkness").
“'A Most Wanted Man' is the perfect addition to Demarest’s slate of smart, commercially viable projects," Demarest’s Sam Englebardt said in a release. "Andrew Bovell did a magnificent job adapting one of Le Carré’s most compelling and relevant novels. Anton Corbijn is at the top of his game and the cast is stellar. We feel fortunate to be a part of this terrific film.”
Le Carré's novels have recently been the basis for such acclaimed films as "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and "The Constant Gardener."
Hoffman will soon be seen in Paul Thomas Anderson's "The Master," and is set to appear in the next "Hunger Games" film, "Catching Fire."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased