Peter Sarsgaard joins 'The Killing' Season 3
'Lovelace' star cast in the recurring role of a death row inmate
Peter Sargsaard is making a "Killing" with his latest project.
The "Green Lantern" star has joined Season 3 of the AMC crime drama in a recurring role, playing “a lifelong convict born into poverty and crime" who now sits on death row. The actor, who embarks on his first recurring gig on a TV series with the role, joins fellow series newcomers Elias Koteas (as the new partner of Mireille Enos' character), Max Fowler (as a street hustler), and Amy Seimetz ("Tiny Furniture") as a woman whose missing daughter provides the crux of the new season's storyline, which will pick up a year after the closing of the Rosie Larsen murder investigation.
Along with Enos, Joel Kinnaman is also on tap to return as homicide detective Stephen Holder. Season 3's plot will see the latter coming to Enos' Sarah Linden (who seemingly left the police force at the end of last season) for help with a new missing persons case that's connected to one of her past investigations.
Sarsgaard will next be seen in Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman's porn biopic "Lovelace" opposite Amanda Seyfried, Juno Temple and Sharon Stone. The indie pic is slated for release on March 15.
Will you be watching "The Killing" Season 3? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures