'Paranormal Activity 5' gets release date
Can you guess when it is?
"Paranormal Activity 5" is officially heading to a theater near you.
Despite hitting a franchise low at the box-office with the most recent installment (still a huge success with $135 million worldwide on a $5 million budget), Paramount has slated the next installment in the blockbuster horror series for an October 25, 2013 release (via Deadline). That follows the modus operandi of the last three films, all of which hit theaters the week prior to Halloween.
At this point there is no director attached to the sequel, though the plot is expected to follow from the storyline set up in the previous films. Series regular Katie Featherston is slated to reprise her role from "Paranormals 1-4."
In addition to the fifth installment, Paramount also has a "Paranormal Activity" spin-off movie aimed at a Latino audience in the works. That film will be directed by Christopher Landon, who wrote "Paranormal Activitys 2-4" and previously helmed the critically-panned ensemble thriller "Burning Palms" starring Dylan McDermott, Shannen Doherty, Zoe Saldana, Lake Bell, Nick Stahl and Paz Vega.
Will you be seeing "Paranormal Activity 5" when it comes out, or has franchise fatigue finally taken hold of you?
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title