Olym-Picks: Which Summer Games events to watch on Friday, Day 7
Team USA will have to battle in trampoline, water polo and fencing
Not sure you want to watch all that the Summer Games has to offer? Here are a few events you may not want to miss (Team USA is sure to take a win in women's basketball!). If you want to watch them live at nbcolympics.com (if you're not in the U.K.) or just wait for the prime time digest on NBC is up to you.
Women's basketball -- USA vs. Czech Republic (watch live at 2:15 p.m. PT, 5:15 p.m. ET)
The ladies managed to fight off undefeated Turkey 89-58, so expect them to take down the Czech Republic team, which was previously beaten by Turkey. Team USA next takes on China -- their toughest rival yet -- on Sunday.
Men's and women's beach volleyball (watch live; round of 16 matches at 1:00 a.m., 5:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. PT; 4:00 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. ET)
All four American teams -- two men's, two women's -- have finished at the top of their round robin pools, but the same can be said about Brazil. A dust-up between the two dominant countries in the sport is in the works, but before that happens, watch the U.S. men Jake Gibb and Sean Rosenthal take on Russia and two American women (April Ross and Jen Kessy) tackle the Swiss.
Men's fencing, team saber matches (watch live at 10:00 a.m. PT, 1:00 p.m. PT)
Russia is the favorite for gold in this event, but don't count out the Americans just yet. On Sunday, Daryl Homer beat Russia's best fencer, Alexey Yakimento, in the round of 16.
Women's judo, +78kg medal round (watch live at 6:00 a.m.)
If you saw Kayla Harrison take home the gold for the -78kg category, why not check out some more judo? Team USA needs all the encouragement it can get -- while Japan, the leader in the category, has taken home six medals in judo, the Americans have only earned two.
Men's and women's swimming (watch live; preliminary heats at 2:00 a.m. PT [5:00 a.m. ET], finals at 11:30 a.m. PT [2:30 p.m. ET])
Ryan Lochte turns 28 Friday, so celebrate by watching the men and women hit the pool.
Men's trampoline (watch live; qualifications at 6:00 a.m. PT, 9:00 a.m. ET; finals at 7:26 a.m. PT, 10:26 a.m. ET)
The U.S. has never medaled in trampoline since the event was introduced at the Sydney Games in 2000, but there's always a first time. Steven Gluckstein, a three-time U.S. champion, will be playing in seventh position in the qualification round.
Women's volleyball - USA vs. Serbia (watch live at 12:00 p.m. PT, 3:00 p.m. ET)
The women are ahead of the pack in Group B (they're unbeaten with 9 points, while Korea and China are tied with 6). The team already has a spot in the quarterfinals, but now the team needs to stay in the top position to take on the fourth seed of Group A. If they can take down third-ranked China, we have no doubt they can do it.
Women's water polo - USA vs. China (watch live at 10:20 a.m. 1:20 p.m. ET)
The U.S. is a gold medal favorite, but with the team having tied with Spain on Wednesday, by no means is a first place finish guaranteed. While Team USA has earned two silvers and a bronze at previous Olympics (women's water polo debuted at the Olympics in 2000), the gold has been elusive.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
5 months ago
8 months ago
|Discuss TV General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'