Olivia Wilde and Hailee Steinfeld to star in 'The Keeping Room'
Nicole Beharie also joins historical thriller from 'Harry Brown' director Daniel Barber
The two actresses have signed on tho co-star in the film, along with Nicole Beharie ("Shame," the upcoming "42").
"Room" takes place during the U.S. Civil War and centers on three Southern women – two white sisters and one African American slave -- who defend themselves from rogue Union soldiers who have broken off from the main army in order to plunder and pillage the land.
It was written by Julia Hart and will be directed by Daniel Barber ("Harry Brown"). Jordan Horowitz of Gilbert Films and Matt Williams, David McFadzean, Judd Payne and Dete Meserve of Wind Dancer will produce. Sierra/Affinity will handle international sales.
Principal photography is scheduled to begin in March in North Carolina.
"I am thrilled to be working with these three fantastic actors, and very excited to be directing this great script,” said Daniel Barber in a statement.
"'The Keeping Room' is a cinematic, thrilling, and dangerous piece of material," added Horowitz, "and we could not be more excited with the team that has come together to bring this unique story to the screen.”
“We are thrilled to be part of this special project filled with profound themes," Sierra/Affinity CEO Nick Meyer summed up. "Barber is a talented up-and-coming filmmaker, and we look forward to seeing his vision of the material realized.”
Wilde will next be seen opposite Jim Carrey and Steve Carell in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone," before co-starring with Chris Hemsworth in Ron Howard's "Rush."
Steinfeld, who was nominated for an Oscar for the Coen Brothers' "True Grit," will soon be seen as Juliet in "Romeo and Juliet" and in the sci-fi adaptation "Ender's Game," with Harrison Ford and Ben Kingsley.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1