Northeast snow storm may curb Grammys and BAFTA attendance
Justin Bieber fans in the Northeast may miss his 'Saturday Night Live' appearance
Don't worry, America. Justin Bieber is already in New York for his "Saturday Night Live" appearance. But folks trapped in the Northeast during this weekend's predicted snowpacalypse may not be able to watch him on the episode if the power goes out.
The global pop superstar has been retweeting fans' anxious messages today as the impending Winter Storm Nemo approaches New York, Boston and other big cities in the Northeast. "SNL" will be handing out tickets tonight (Feb. 8) as opposed to 7 a.m. tomorrow morning, a change to their usual policy so that fans won't have to wait in the cold overnight.
Bieber's fans aren't the only music lovers who may suffer this weekend, as a predicted one- to three-feet of snow and major wind gusts have led to the cancellations of around 3,000 flights. Pretty common -- except that it's a big entertainment weekend. As the Hollywood Reporter points out, attendees to the Grammys, the American Society of Cinematographers Awards, the Sci-Tech Oscars and the BAFTA Awards may get stuck under the snow due to unmoving flights. The first-ever Emmy Kids Awards and Fashion Week in New York may also experience delays and cancellations.
Especially on Sunday, when most of these ceremonies take place, we'll know better who had to miss out. Many performers and presenters at the Grammys are already in L.A, for rehearsals that took place on Wednesday, Thursday and those tonight.
The winners in all this: the Weather Channel, who are losing their minds.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal