Northeast snow storm may curb Grammys and BAFTA attendance
Justin Bieber fans in the Northeast may miss his 'Saturday Night Live' appearance
Don't worry, America. Justin Bieber is already in New York for his "Saturday Night Live" appearance. But folks trapped in the Northeast during this weekend's predicted snowpacalypse may not be able to watch him on the episode if the power goes out.
The global pop superstar has been retweeting fans' anxious messages today as the impending Winter Storm Nemo approaches New York, Boston and other big cities in the Northeast. "SNL" will be handing out tickets tonight (Feb. 8) as opposed to 7 a.m. tomorrow morning, a change to their usual policy so that fans won't have to wait in the cold overnight.
Bieber's fans aren't the only music lovers who may suffer this weekend, as a predicted one- to three-feet of snow and major wind gusts have led to the cancellations of around 3,000 flights. Pretty common -- except that it's a big entertainment weekend. As the Hollywood Reporter points out, attendees to the Grammys, the American Society of Cinematographers Awards, the Sci-Tech Oscars and the BAFTA Awards may get stuck under the snow due to unmoving flights. The first-ever Emmy Kids Awards and Fashion Week in New York may also experience delays and cancellations.
Especially on Sunday, when most of these ceremonies take place, we'll know better who had to miss out. Many performers and presenters at the Grammys are already in L.A, for rehearsals that took place on Wednesday, Thursday and those tonight.
The winners in all this: the Weather Channel, who are losing their minds.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival