Noomi Rapace has met with Ridley Scott to talk 'Prometheus 2'
Script for the sequel to 'Alien' prequel is underway
If ever a movie's ending invited the possibility of a sequel, it was "Prometheus."
While moviegoers were decidedly split on the merits of Ridley Scott's quasi-"Alien" prequel, there have been rumblings about a potential follow-up for some time, and it appears that star Noomi Rapace will be putting her spacesuit back on very soon.
The actress revealed that she recently met with Scott to discuss the sequel and alluded to the fact that the screenplay is being hammered out as you read this.
"They’re working on the script. I met Ridley in London a couple of weeks ago," she revealed to The Playlist. "I would love to work with him again and I know that he would like to do another one. It’s just like we need to find the right story. I hope we will."
With screenwriter Damon Lindelof ("Lost") not returning, it's not known at this point who will pen the script...but they still have a lot of questions to answer.
Or, as Rapace puts it, "If we do a second one, there are a lot of things to explore in there and to continue."
"I love working with Ridley," she added. "It was pure joy. It was really hard work sometimes. My body was a complete mess – I had bruises and cuts and emotionally I was a bit slammed. But being in his world and his universe was such an amazing experience."
Meanwhile, Scott's next film, "The Counselor," opens November 15. It stars Brad Pitt, Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz and "Prometheus" co-star Michael Fassbender.
Rapace will soon be seen opposite Colin Farrell in "Dead Man Down."
What was your take on "Prometheus"? Are you excited for the sequel?
News From Our Partners
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition