Nicki Minaj planning a 'Re-Up' of 'Roman Reloaded'; singer mum on 'American Idol'
New single to be announced next week: Which track should it be?
Nicki Minaj earned herself a Best Female Video during the MTV VMAs last night, providing a lot of space and time to exclaim "Oh my God" over and over. But after the show, the singer caught up with E! news and spilled a few more beans on a re-issue of her latest album.
"It's called 'Pink Friday Roman Reloaded: The Re-Up' and I'm putting lots of new songs on there. I'm actually going to drop my new single next week," Minaj said [via Rap-Up], mentioning it'd hit in November. "So Barbz, you are going to spazz, you are going to love it, you are going to go crazy."
What may be crazy is just how long "Re-Up" may be. The album is already 19 songs, clocking in at shy of 70 minutes long. The set would have to be a double or bonus-CD situation for holiday shoppers.
As for the single, it could be the "pop" side of "Reloaded," as "Pound the Alarm" winds down, or the "rap" side, as "I Am Your Leader" gains a little traction. Or it could be all-new, one of the previously unreleased songs, which may help give the set legs until the fall drop.
She may also have another gig to keep her busy -- a judging stint on "American Idol" -- but so far she's been mum on if she's accepted the offer, or if an official offer i on the table. "I don't know yet. I really don't know. I have no comment on it," she told the cable channel as to whether she knows if she's on the show. Many outlets are confirming that Enrique Iglesias has been given an offer to sit alongside the only known judge so far, Mariah Carey.
Meanwhile, what we do know is that she's featured on Alicia Keys' new joint, "Girl on Fire," performed during the VMAs last night from the Staples Center in L.A.
News From Our Partners
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel