Nick Jonas plainly reveals his 'American Idol' judging ambitions on Twitter
But does the fading superstar even stand a chance?
Just in case those unconfirmed rumors about Nick Jonas becoming a judge on "American Idol" have been keeping you up nights, you can rest easy now: according to Nick Jonas, Nick Jonas is indeed in the running.
"The rumors are true," the singer tweeted yesterday, to a collective sigh of relief from the American populace. "I am being considered to be a judge on American Idol, and it would be a dream come true if it happens. #nickonidol"
In other words: "Let's get that '#nickonidol' hashtag campaign started, America!" Because Nick Jonas, in case you hadn't already gotten the message, really, really, wants that job.
And it's hard to blame him, frankly. With his career as a wannabe-Broadway A-lister flailing ("How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" closed back in May) and the end of his run as a pop superstar appearing to be imminent (Missed his 2010 "solo" LP with backing band "The Administration"? Trust me, you aren't alone), scoring a spot in one of the chairs recently vacated by Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler now stands as perhaps his best chance of remaining a viable player in the pop-culture landscape.
Unfortunately, at his waning point in his career the Jonas Brother doesn't appear to stand the best chance of sealing the deal. With A-list superstars like Mariah Carey (whom Jonas would be sitting next to if he ends up winning the job), Billie Joe Armstrong and Britney Spears now signing on for lucrative judging/mentor contracts on one of the "big three" singing competition series ("Idol," "The Voice" and "X-Factor"), a name like Nick Jonas isn't really all that impressive anymore. Not to mention, his squeaky-clean image doesn't exactly scream "good T.V."
But hey, there's always hope - just ask Demi Lovato.
Do you think Nick stands a chance of scoring an "American Idol" judging spot next to Mariah Carey and Randy Jackson? Would he even be a good fit in the first place? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
23 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy