New Christina Aguilera single heating up for possible August release
Collabs with Cee-Lo and Blake Shelton also in the works for the singer's upcoming LP
"The Voice" coach Christina Aguilera is putting the focus back on her music - or at least she's trying to.
The singer is rising from the ashes of her flop 2010 album "Bionic" - which failed to even reach "Gold" status with sales only slightly over 300,000 copies in the U.S. - with a planned new album and a first single that, according to Billboard, may see release as early as August. The untitled song, a club track produced by Swedish hitmaker extraordinaire Max Martin, has a chorus underpinned by the dubious sentiment, "All I want to do is what you wanted." Ok, so maybe not an empowerment anthem.
In addition, the music site reports that Xtina is cooking up new songs featuring guest appearances by her "Voice" co-mentors/judges Blake Shelton and Cee-Lo Green (the latter of which has been previously hinted at by Green, who earlier collaborated with the pop songstress on the 2010 tune "Nasty"). These collabs, which are expected to make the tracklisting of the upcoming LP, may be a smart move on Aguilera's part, seeing as she enjoyed one of the biggest hits of her career with her featured turn on last year's No. 1 Maroon 5 hit "Moves Like Jagger" alongside fellow voice coach Adam Levine.
Aguilera's most recent musical release was the theme song for Will Ferrell's Spanish-language comedy "Casa de mi Padre," to which she lended her vocal talents.
The most recent season of "The Voice" wrapped up in May. Season 3 is slated to begin airing this fall on NBC.
Are you excited for the new single, Xtina fans, or did she lose you with "Bionic"? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?