Ne-Yo joins bandwagon for Beyonce's new album
R&B star joins other collaborators, such as Jay-Z and Miguel for Bey's fifth set
It’s still 2012, but 2013 is already shaping up to be the year of the Beyonce. Not only will Bey provide the half-time entertainment for Feb. 3’s Super Bowl and she’s directing her own
hagiography documentary to air on HBO Feb. 16, she is working on her new album with “Irreplaceable” collaborator Ne-Yo.
Ne-Yo, who was all over the place last week between his appearances on the Grammy Nominations concert, “Saturday Night Live” and Z-100’s Jingle Ball, tells MTV News that he and Beyonce are already in discussions about the new album. “Who knows? Maybe we’ll get another ‘Irreplaceable’ out of the batch,” he says.
Beyonce, who posted a photo of herself in the studio in November, has already reportedly logged studio time with hubby Jay-Z, The-Dream, Ryan Tedder, Kanye West, Diane Warren and Miguel for the follow-up to "4." Though there’s no release date or even an official announcement about a new album, The-Dream expects that we may hear some music early next year.“She’s already gearing up to get ready to put stuff out,” The-Dream told Billboard earlier this month. “I’m sure there will probably be a couple records you hear before the Super Bowl gets here.” As you recall, Madonna used her Super Bowl platform this year to promote new single, “Give Me All Your Luvin’.”
In other Beyonce news, the singer has expanded her partnership with Pepsi to the tune of $50 million, according to the New York Times, which includes media placements, promotions, and her fee. In addition to filming her fifth commercial in 10 years for the soda, her pretty pout will appear on Pepsi cans. The deal, the Times explains, also includes a fund for Pepsi to finance Beyonce’s “creative” projects, possibly ranging from live events, videos, and fashion shoots.
News From Our Partners
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013