NBC schedule shuffle sends 'Smash' to Saturdays, 'Ready for Love' to Tuesdays
NBC has very quickly gone from being the highest-rated network this season to third place — thanks in part to a February sweeps period where the network finished fifth, behind Univision — and so it's back to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, with a series of moves that will banish the doomed "Smash" to Saturdays and turn dating game show "Ready for Love" into the network's last hope to avoid the cellar for another full season.
Among the changes announced this evening:
* "Smash" will move to Saturdays at 9 p.m. beginning April 6. NBC promises the struggling second-year musical "will air its entire season of 17 episodes." But when you get sent to Saturday, you're done. "Bombshell" has bombed.
* "Ready for Love," a dating show produced by Eva Longoria, was supposed to air on Sundays. Instead, it will air regularly on Tuesdays after "The Voice," from 9-11, beginning on April 9.
* As a result, "Celebrity Apprentice" will be regularly scheduled for two hours a week, Sundays from 9-11, beginning April 14 until the end of May.
* To fill some of the gap left by the absence of "Ready for Love," encore episodes of "The Voice" will air on Sunday, March 31 and April 7, from 7-10.
* To make room for "Ready for Love," the final two episodes of "Go On" season 1 will air Thursdays at 9:30 on April 4 and 11, following "The Office." The one-hour "New Normal" season finale will air Tuesday, April 2, from 9-10.
Once "Smash" bombed upon its return, there had been speculation that NBC would swap its timeslot with the upcoming "Hannibal," but the Hannibal Lecter prequel series remains in the Thursday at 10 death slot, while NBC is hoping that "The Voice," "Revolution" and "Ready for Love" will be enough to avoid more statistical humiliation.
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
Let Streaming Genie help you.