Nat Geo's 'Killing Lincoln' scores record ratings for the network
Bill O'Reilly adaptation posts impressive numbers over President's Day weekend
Daniel Day-Lewis's Lincoln isn't the only one drawing eyes this season.
The National Geographic Channel hit a ratings goldmine with their Ridley Scott-produced adaptation of Bill O'Reilly's "Killing Lincoln" on Sunday night, pulling in a whopping 3.4 million viewers over the telefilm's two hour premiere. That set a total viewership record for the cable network, which also scored with last November's original movie "SEAL Team Six: The Raid on Osama bin Laden."
“Killing Lincoln was our latest effort to expand the original programming we present on the National Geographic Channel, while still maintaining the brand values viewers expect from us,” said National Geographic Channel president Howard T. Owens in a statement. “The success we saw last night proved that authentic and entertaining are not mutually exclusive, and I think we’ve tapped into a new genre of factual drama that clearly resonates with our audience. Our record ratings would not have been possible without our partnership with Bill O’Reilly, Scott Free Productions and the incredible team that worked on this production.”
"Killing Lincoln" stars Billy Campbell as the 16th President and Jesse Johnson as his assassin John Wilkes Booth; other cast members including Geraldine Hughes, Graham Beckel and Shawn Pyfrom. The Tom Hanks-narrated film was directed by Adrian Moat ("Gettysburg") and written by Erik Jendresen ("Band of Brothers"). It's slated to encore twice this coming Saturday, at 7 and 9 PM.
Did you watch "Killing Lincoln" last night? Let us know what you thought in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever