Music Power Rankings: Taylor Swift, Rihanna and 'The Voice' top the list
1. Taylor Swift: “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” becomes the longest running country hit at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 32 years. Please explain to me what part of the song is “country” again...
2. "The Voice": As the show’s third season, 3-night premiere dominates over “The X Factor,” “The Voice” becomes THE vocal talent competition to beat. Mark Burnett tries to figure out a way to run three editions a year.
3.Rihanna: You can set a clock to that girl. Though it hasn’t been confirmed, the rumor is she will drop another album in November. She has released one album a year since 2005, except for 2008.
4 Psy: Resistance is futile. Just learn the horse trot and give in to “Gangnam Style.” Join the 150 million who already have. The South Korean artist is now signed to Justin Bieber’s manager Scooter Braun’s label. We smell a duet.
5 . Nikki Minaj: She injects herself into the political conversation with her fake endorsement of Romney and then real endorsement of Obama. We’re really listening to a cartoon character’s political thoughts?
6. Matchbox Twenty: After nearly 20 years, the pop-rock band scores its first No. 1 album. They are definitely “Back 2 Good.”
7. Randy Jackson: This Dawg has nine lives. It would seem rumors of his demise as an “American Idol” judge were greatly exaggerated.
8. Goldenvoice: The folks who bring you Coachella and Stagecoach reveal that they may add up to three more annual music events in Indio, Calif. The neighbors’ heads explode, while everyone else cheers.
9. Bruce Springsteen: After President Obama uses “We Take Care of Our Own” at the close of his speech at the DNC, sales of the song skyrocket 409%. As if Obama didn’t already have The Boss’s vote.
10. Apple: The company finally realizes that Ping was rotten to the core and kills its music-sharing platform. Oh, and did you order your iPhone 5 yet?
1946 | Drama | NRSummary: A widower gives his daughter Anne a colt, which she names Black Beauty, so that she may learn to care for herself as she cares for the horse.Director: Max Nosseck
Cast: Mona Freeman, Richard Denning, Evelyn Ankers
1966 | Drama | NRSummary: Two women, an actress who can’t (or won’t) speak and the nurse who cares for her, retreat to a seaside cottage where their relationship grows strangely intimate in Ingmar Bergman’s dramatically impressive film.Director: Ingmar Bergman
Cast: Bibi Andersson, Liv Ullmann, Margaretha Krook
2006 | Drama | NRSummary: Two old pals reunite for a camping trip in Oregon's Cascade Mountains.Director: Kelly Reichardt
Cast: Daniel London, Will Oldham, Tanya Smith, Robin Rosenberg
1947 | Thriller | NRSummary: Orson Welles and Rita Hayworth provide more than enough star power in this dark thriller about a seaman pulled into plots of deceit and murder.Director: Orson Welles
Cast: Rita Hayworth, Orson Welles, Everett Sloane
1988 | Comedy | PGSummary: A light comic joust breaks out between con men played by Steve Martin and Michael Caine when they each set their sights on a wealthy heiress.Director: Frank Oz
Cast: Steve Martin, Michael Caine, Glenne Headly
2012 | Documentary | PG-13Summary: Sarah Polley constructs a moving and surprising family portrait in this excellent documentary that explores the truth and exaggerations of storytelling.Director: Sarah Polley
Cast: Michael Polley, John Buchan, Mark Polley
2001 | Drama | NRSummary: A young man romantically pursues his masochistic piano teacher.Director: Michael Haneke
Cast: Isabelle Huppert, Annie Girardot, Benoît Magimel, Susanne Lothar
1987 | Comedy | RSummary: A mother and her two teenage sons move to a seemingly nice and quiet small coastal California town yet soon find out that it's overrun by bike gangs and vampires. A couple of teenage friends take it upon themselves to hunt down the vampires that they suspect of a few mysterious murders and restor...Director: Joel Schumacher
Cast: Jason Patric, Corey Feldman, Dianne Wiest, Corey Haim
2011 | Drama | RSummary: The Cold War comes back to life in this impeccably designed spy story in which disgraced former spy George Smiley (Gary Oldman) returns to his old agency to ferret out a mole.Director: Tomas Alfredson
Cast: Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Tom Hardy
Let Streaming Genie help you.