Music Power Rankings: Rush, Taylor Swift and Psy make the list
1. Rush: After years of being eligible, the rock trio finally makes it into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, in part, due to its loyal fans ongoing lobbying efforts. Is Kiss’s turn next? Plus, Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins’ induction speech set the standard for hilarious inductions.
2. Twitter Music: Twitter launches its own music service, claiming “it will change the way people find music.” Yeah, we’ve heard that one before.
3. P!nk: Her single “Just Give Me A Reason,” featuring Nate Ruess leaps to the top of the Billboard Hot 100, giving her her fourth No. 1 single.
4. Blur: The British band gets the nod to close out Friday night at Coachella on the second week, bumping the Stone Roses to their opening act.
5. Paramore: The pared-down group earns its first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 with its fourth album.
6. Daft Punk: The French dance duo unveils the first single, “Get Lucky,” from its highly anticipated new album “Random Access Memories,” and the even better news is it was worth the wait.
7. Taylor Swift: In a staggering move, she lands her 41st top 40 song on the Hot 100 with “Highway Don’t Care,” Tim McGraw’s tune, which features her and Keith Urban. That ties her for 10th place among all acts... joining the likes of Elvis Presley, Elton John, the Beatles, and, uh, the “Glee” cast.
8. Record Store Day: Saturday is the annual Record Store Day, but please remember to support your local indie record store the other 364 days of the year too so it doesn’t go the tragic way of Bleecker Bob’s.
9. Psy: In one week, “Gentleman” has racked up more than 168 million page views.
10. Justin Bieber: He blunders by writing that he hopes that Anne Frank would have been a “belieber,” in his latest series of missteps. Growing up in public is very tough, baby, baby, baby, oh, baby, baby, baby....
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
Let Streaming Genie help you.