Music Power Rankings: Macklemore, Mariah, Madonna and more
1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: The pair pull off a “heist” on the Billboard Hot 100 as they become the first duo in the chart’s history to land their first two singles at No. 1.
2. Mariah Carey: After a few less than “triumphant” starts, it looks like she has a hit on her hands with “#Beautiful” featuring Miguel. Do lambs like hashtags?
3. Paul McCartney: A telegram requesting his presence to play bass with Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis and Tony Williams has surfaced. The recording never happened because of Hendrix’s death, but that’s way cooler than Sir Paul playing with the remaining members of Nirvana.
4. Randy Jackson: He becomes a free agent: first Mariah Carey dismisses him as her manager, making the next few weeks on “American Idol” potentially even more awkward, and the last original judge declares he is quitting the show after this season. What up, Dawg ?
5. Madonna: She’ll receive an award at the Billboard Music Awards for last year’s MDNA tour, last year’s top grossing tour.
6. Cher’s mom: Yes, Cher’s mom. Georgia Holt debuts on Billboard’s country chart at No. 43 with her first album, “Honky Tonk Woman.” She’s giving Tony Bennett some competition for the oldest hipster on the charts!
7. Adam Levine: Not only did “The Voice” revive his and Maroon 5’s career, he now has a development deal with NBC. The band's name may be burgundy, but the only color he’s seeing is green.
8. Britney Spears: She confirms her long-rumored Las Vegas run to, of all places, Shape magazine. Expect full details about the Planet Hollywood stint to be unveiled by month’s end in Gun and Garden magazine.
9. Carrie Underwood: She replaces Faith Hill as the voice for the Sunday Night Football theme. Doesn’t that count as cheating on her NHL-playing husband?
10. Tim Lambesis: In this week’s weirdest story, member of Christian rock band As I Lay Dying pleads not guilty to charges that he tried to have his wife murdered. We’re pretty sure that’s breaking one of the 10 commandments.
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by. It has deep soul, a wicked sense of humor, and Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
Let Streaming Genie help you.