Music Power Rankings: Katy Perry, Michael Jackson, and Fred Stobaugh?
1. Katy Perry: She roars into the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100, finally toppling Robin Thicke’s “Blurred Lines” after 12 weeks. She is queen of the jungle and queen of the chart.
2. Harry Connick Jr.: After causing a stir by speaking the truth when he mentored on “American Idol,” the crooner joins Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez as a judge for the upcoming season. Will he be the new Simon Cowell?
3. Adam Levine: The Maroon 5 lead singer launches his clothing line for K-Mart. Maybe they can rename the Blue Light Special the Maroon Light Special....
4. Fred Stobaugh: At 96, he becomes the oldest artist to appear on Billboard’s Hot 100 with “Oh Sweet Lorraine,” breaking the former record set by the young whippersnapper, Tony Bennett.
5. Michael Jackson: The singer’s estate launches an Instagram account asking fans to upload videos to celebrate the anniversary of his birthday. What’s next? Bubbles’ own Pinterest account?
6. Janis Joplin: Speaking of dead celebrities, more than 40 years after her death, the Joplin estate is rolling out Made For Pearl, a line of clothes, jewelry and other accessories. Don’t get down on me, but doesn’t that idea feel about 30 years too late?
7. Irving Azoff: The incomparable music manager announces a $300 million deal with Madison Square Garden that will include music management, music publishing, live event branding and a talent-scouting TV show. It’s Azoff’s world, the rest of us just live in it.
8. Alabama: The legendary country group bows at No. 8 on the Billboard 200 with “Alabama & Friends,” marking its best ranking ever on the all-format album chart. Imagine if the album had included a duet with Fred Stobaugh?
9. Robin Thicke: “Blurred Lines’” reign atop the Billboard Hot 100 may have ended, but he snags the song of the summer title from Billboard. As if there were even any doubt?
10. Carrie Underwood: She bows her version of Sunday Night Football’s theme, “Waiting All Day For Sunday Night” this weekend because nothing says football like an “American Idol” winner married to a hockey player.
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
Let Streaming Genie help you.