Music Power Rankings: Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Luke Bryan rule this week
1. Katy Perry: She comes “roaring” back with hot first new single from “Prism,” as the single wins the battle between Perry and Lady Gaga’s “Applause” and is on track to sell close to 500,000 copies in its first week.
2. Luke Bryan: Country superstar’s new album, “Crash My Party,” released Tuesday, will crash onto the Billboard 200 with sales of more than 500,000 copies in its first week. And he’s done it by staying country as country can be.
3. George Strait: Billboard names him the recipient of its Legends of Live award as the cowboy rides away on his last tour, taking the record for the most No. 1 tunes by any artist in any genre with him. It’s good to be king.
4.Lady Gaga: Katy Perry may win the first week single sales battle (“Roar’s” 450,000 to “Applause’s” 225,000), but Momma Monster managed to snare her share of this week’s headlines, including condemning the leak of her uplifting, sweet duet with Cher, “The Greatest.” C’mon LG, let Cher include it on her album!
5. This Charming Charlie: Smiths fans are dying over the great new Tumblr that combines Peanuts cartoons with Morrissey lyrics. Charlie Brown and the whole gang get into the act in one of the greatest combos since peanut butter and chocolate.
6.Pete Townshend: The Who frontman diffuses an assault from One Direction fans by saying he likes the band and he doesn’t mind at all if “Best Song Ever” rips off “Baba O’Riley. (a comparison we noted ourselves) Can a duet be far behind?
7. Eminem: Slim Shady drops his first new music in two years with “Survival,” a biting, propulsive track from “Call Of Duty: Ghosts.” Shady’s back and he’s taking names.
8. Robin Thicke: In a rather strange lawsuit, the “Blurred Lines” singer/co-writer has filed a suit asking a judge to rule that the song does not steal from Marvin Gaye’s “Got To Give It Up” and Parliament’s “Sexy Ways,” before either party (or estate) has filed a suit claiming the song is rip-off. Talk about a preemptive strike...
9. Michelle Obama: Is a gold record next for the First Lady? She makes a cameo appearance in “Everybody,” a hip-hop song about eating healthily and taking care of our bodies. We just want to know if she does the Dougie in the video.
10. Kelly Clarkson: The singer is banned from taking a ring once worn by Jane Austen out of England, but she sweetly agrees to sell it back to the Jane Austen museum if it can raise enough money to pay her what she paid for the ring. As the engaged star prepares to walk down the aisle, we think she already has a ring on it so she can spare Austen's bling.
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by. It has deep soul, a wicked sense of humor, and Samuel L. Jackson, Robert De Niro, Pam Grier, and Robert Forster.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
Let Streaming Genie help you.