Music Power Rankings: Jay-Z, Rush, and Nine Inch Nails top the list
1. Jay-Z: He lands his 13th No. 1 album on the Billboard 200. We get the feeling he doesn’t have an unlucky number.
.2 Clear Channel: In three years, it has turned IHeartRadio from a vanity project to a viable, tremendously successful two-day festival. Let’s face it, if you were an artist dependent on radio play, would you tell them no?
3. Marc Anthony: After idiots on Twitter criticized someone “foreign born” being selected to sing “God Bless America” at this week’s MLB All-Star game, he quietly and elegantly reminded people that he was born in New York. Wake up, people. It’s not 1950.
4. Rush: The power trio gets their own Canadian stamp. Isn’t it a shame audio doesn’t come with it?
5. Thom Yorke: He and Nigel Godrich take on Spotify by removing Atoms For Peace’s music and griping that the service doesn’t help new artists. Yeah, that’ll hurt them.
6. Bruce Springsteen: While touring in Europe, he dedicated “41 Shots” to Trayvon Martin because, sadly, misplaced brutality never goes out of style.
7. Stevie Wonder: The singer takes a stand on Stand Your Ground, declaring that he will not play any states who have passed the law. Does he know that immediately takes 22 states off his tour route?
8. Nine Inch Nails: The Trent Reznor-led band releases four different covers for different configurations for “Hesitation Marks.” Will die-hard fans feel compelled to collect the full set?
9. Anna Kendrick: As “Cups” continues to gain radio play, she becomes only the second person to have landed a Top 10 single, and nominations for both an Academy Award and a Tony. The other? Barbra Streisand. #notanegot
10. Kanye West: The rapper takes his frustrations out on a paparazzo at LAX, allegedly resulting in the photographer being hurt and planning to press charges. Hey, you’re a daddy now, ‘Ye. Chill.
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
2013 | Thriller | RSummary: Based on the true story of Daniel Lugo (Mark Wahlberg) a Miami bodybuilder who wants to live the American dream. He would like to have the money that other people have. So he enlists the help of fellow bodybuilder Adrian Doorbal (Anthony Mackie) and ex-convict, Christian bodybuilder Paul Doyle (D...Director: Michael Bay
Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, Anthony Mackie, Tony Shalhoub
2007 | Comedy | PGSummary: Newlyweds Nick (Ice Cube) and Suzanne (Long) decide to move to the suburbs to provide a better life for their two kids. But their idea of a dream home is disturbed by a contractor (McGinley) with a bizarre approach to business.Director: Steve Carr
Cast: John C. McGinley, Ice Cube, Nia Long, Aleisha Allen
Let Streaming Genie help you.