Music Power Rankings: Carly Rae Jepsen, Madonna and Lady Gaga vie for No. 1
1. Carly Rae Jepsen: She’s never going away...or at least “Call Me Maybe” isn’t: the song spends its 9th week at No. 1, making it officially the longest reign at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in 2012.
2. Phillip Phillips: The “American Idol” champ sees his coronation song, “Home,” triple somersault its way from No. 84 to No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100 following its usage as the US Olympic women’s gymnastics team theme. Just one more thing to thank Gabby Douglas for.
3. Lady Gaga: She confirms that the title of her fourth studio album will be “ARTPOP,” and tweets that all caps must be used. Can you spell PRETENTIOUS?
4. Rick Ross: “God Forgives, I Don’t” gives the rapper his fourth No. 1 album. God politely asks if he can have the top spot back when Ross is done with it.
5. Faith Hill and Tim McGraw: The country superstars become the latest act to sign on for a stint in Las Vegas. Guess she really meant in when she sang, “Let’s Go To Vegas” all those years ago.
6. Madonna: Tacky antics like flashing her audience have dogged Madge this tour, but she put her power to good in Russia when she pledged her support to jailed female rock band Pussy Riot one night and spoke out for gay rights the next.
7. The Monkees: Following Davy Jones’ death, the remaining three members decide to go on tour to perform their first concerts with Michael Nesmith in 15 years.
8. Adam Yauch: Among his final wishes, he stipulated in his will that none of the music he created with the Beastie Boys and separately may be used in advertising. How 1990s of him.
9. 50 Shades of Grey: It had to happen. The cottage industry surrounding the top seller now has a classical music soundtrack, brought to you by Mommy Porn Records.
10. Marvin Hamlisch: The composer enjoyed a 45-year life span on the Billboard 100 with his music recorded or sampled by everyone from Barbra Streisand to Wu-Tang Clan. R.I.P.
2000 | Drama | RSummary: Michelle Rodriguez packs a punch as a Brooklyn high-school student who finds purpose, discipline and excellence inside the boxing ring.Director: Karyn Kusama
Cast: Michelle Rodriguez, Santiago Douglas, Jaime Tirelli
2014 | Action | PG-13Summary: Andy Serkis, aka Gollum in Lord of the Rings, dominates as the ape Caesar in this story of post-apocalyptic tribal warfare between man and ape.Director: Matt Reeves
Cast: Gary Oldman, Keri Russell, Andy Serkis, Jason Clarke, Toby Kebbell
2011 | Drama | RSummary: Two sisters find their already strained relationship challenged as a mysterious new planet threatens to collide with Earth.Director: Lars von Trier
Cast: Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland, Charlotte Rampling
1939 | Adventure | NRSummary: Cary Grant leads group of airmail pilots who fly incredibly dangerous runs through perilous weather; Jean Arthur and Rita Hayworth are among the onlookers who deal with the pilots’ fearless lifestyle in one of the most impeccably scripted romantic dramas ever made.Director: Howard Hawks
Cast: Cary Grant, Jean Arthur, Rita Hayworth
1985 | Comedy | PG-13Summary: Teen comedy master John Hughes combines Frankenstein and sex appeal in the story of two nerds who use a computer to build the ideal woman, then wonder if they’re ready to live with her.Director: John Hughes
Cast: Anthony Michael Hall, Ilan Mitchell-Smith, Kelly LeBrock
1987 | Comedy | PGSummary: The life of super-yuppie J.C. is thrown into turmoil when she inherits a baby from a distant relative.Director: Charles Shyer
Cast: Diane Keaton, Sam Shepard, Harold Ramis, Kristina Kennedy
1953 | Western | NRSummary: One of the very best westerns follows a former gunslinger whose current non-violent ways are put to the test by cattle barons whose rapacious greed threatens his new community.Director: George Stevens
Cast: Alan Ladd, Jean Arthur, Van Heflin
1958 | Drama | NRSummary: The Hellcats are an all-female gang bent on bucking authority and terrorizing the schools by doing things like having a bad attitude toward their teachers and parents. When Joyce, a new student, moves into the neighborhood, she draws the attention of The Hellcats. Desperate for acceptance and unh...Director: Edward Bernds
Cast: Yvonne Fedderson, Brett Halsey, Jana Lund, Susanne Sidney
1996 | Crime | RSummary: Jerry, a small-town Minnesota car salesman is bursting at the seams with debt... but he's got a plan. He's going to hire two thugs to kidnap his wife in a scheme to collect a hefty ransom from his wealthy father-in-law. It's going to be a snap and nobody's going to get hurt... until people start ...Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Cast: William H. Macy, Frances McDormand, Steve Buscemi, Peter Stormare
Let Streaming Genie help you.