Music Power Rankings: Beyonce tops Justins Bieber and Timberlake
1. Beyonce: She gets more attention than President Obama for allegedly lip-syncing “The Star-Spangled Banner” at his second Inauguration. The San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens are already plotting ways to get the attention back for the Super Bowl.
2. Justin Timberlake: The original Justin dresses up in a “Suit & Tie” and the world welcomes him back. The first single from his new album “The 20/20 Experience.” sets a record at pop radio and soars 84-4 on the Billboard Hot 100. He’s bringing sexy back. Can he bring the record industry back too?
3. Coachella: The line-up for the 2013 festival includes such veteran acts as a reunited Stone Roses, Blur and The Red Hot Chili Peppers. That Coachella! And here’s to all the darling hipsters who think the Indio, Calif. festival is so cutting edge.
4. Justin Bieber: The Prince of Pop, as his label is trying to label him, is truly the King of Twitter. This week he surpassed Lady Gaga as the most-followed person on Twitter with more than 33.33 million followers. Think about what that says about us...
5. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis: The rapping duo takes “Thrift Shop” to No. 1 for their first Billboard Hot 100 hit. We have a hunch they won’t have to bargain hunting anymore.
6. Adele: The British superstar confirms that she will perform her James Bond theme, “Skyfall,” at the Academy Awards. If her acceptance speech is half as amusing as speech at the Golden Globes, just let her talk, forget about her singing.
7. The Flaming Lips: We know it’s a sign of the times, but it feels like they went a little overboard by writing “Sun Blows Up Today” specifically for a Hyundai ad that will air during the Super Bowl. Now if it were for the Kia Hamsters, that would be a totally different thing.
8.Madonna: With final 2012 figures finally in, Madge’s “MDNA” tour tallies a staggering gross of $305,158,363. The outing registers at No. 10 on Billboard’s list of all time top tours. Who needs record sales when you have ticket sales like that?
9. A$AP Rocky: He scores his first No. 1 album with “Long.Live.A$AP.” He’s talented, for sure, but is it okay that his biz partner’s nickname, A$AP Yams, makes us giggle every time?
10. WNSH: New York City finally gets a country radio station again for the first time since 1996. NYC was already the No. 1 market for country album sales in the U.S. Imagine what will happen now?
1997 | Crime | RSummary: Quentin Tarantino adaptats an Elmore Leonard novel into this story of a few increasingly desperate people scraping to get by.Director: Quentin Tarantino
Cast: Pam Grier, Samuel L. Jackson, Robert Forster
1993 | Sports | PGSummary: Emotionally powerful sports classic featuring Sean Astin as a skinny high school kid with big football dreams and the determination to make his way towards his dream team at Notre Dame.Director: David Anspaugh
Cast: Sean Astin, Jon Favreau, Ned Beatty
2008 | Science Fiction | PGSummary: Animated series continues the story of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker as they battle the Emperor Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous, but also takes time to explore other smaller characters in the Star Wars universe.Director: George Lucas (creator)
Cast: Tom Kane, Dee Bradley Baker, Matt Lanter
2013 | Comedy | NRSummary: Insanely funny comedy show created by Amy Schumer, who stars in brilliantly funny sketches about sex, city living, dating, and friendship.Director: Daniel Powell, Amy Schumer (creators)
Cast: Amy Schumer, Kevin Kane, Mike Houston
1995 | Mystery | NRSummary: Denzel Washington plays an out of work WWII vet who takes the wrong job and is soon neck-deep in a mess of politics, murder, and jazz in '40s Los Angeles.Director: Carl Franklin
Cast: Denzel Washington, Tom Sizemore, Jennifer Beals
2013 | Drama | RSummary: Leonardo DiCaprio and Jonah Hill have boundless energy in the story of a real-life commodities crook who earned millions through scummy small-time stock trades.Director: Martin Scorsese
Cast: Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie
Let Streaming Genie help you.