Music Power Rankings: Beyonce, Justin Bieber and Britney Spears lead the list
Tim McGraw and Bruce Springsteen also rate this week
1. Beyonce: She shows everyone, including her Destiny’s Child band mates, how its done during the Super Bowl half time show. Sales of Beyonce and Destiny’s Child music up 197%. Sales of black lingerie up 587%. estimated 104 million
2. Justin Bieber: The boy wonder scores a record-setting five No. 1 albums before he turns 19. Maybe he is the Prince of Pop after all.
3. Britney Spears: Caesars Entertainment confirms it is in talks with Britney Spears to bring her show to Planet Hollywood. Wouldn’t Circus Circus be more appropriate?
4. Tim McGraw: His new album “Two Lanes of Freedom,” puts him back in the driver’s seat after years of fighting with former label, Curb.
5. Bruce Springsteen: He was honored as MusiCares Person of the Year by his buddies Sting, Elton, Faith, Tim, etc... If you have to ask for last names, your invite got lost in the mail.
6. Fall Out Boy: Five years after their last album, the Pete Wentz-led group returns. Will the music be as entertaining as the song titles?
7. The Wanted: The U.K. boy band lands its own reality TV show. Radio may not be interested in them, but E! is.
8. Gloria Estefan: She and her husband plan are Broadway show based on her music and their lives. Rhythm is gonna get you.
9. Warner Music: The third remaining major label group buys Parlophone for more than $700 million from UMG-owned EMI. That’s a lot of Coldplay and David Guetta records.
10. Skrillex: He pairs with Cirque du Soleil for a Las Vegas residency. From the Beatles to dubstep? Really, Cirque?
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013