Music Power Rankings: Beyonce, Blake Shelton, Beatles and Justin Bieber Bieber
1. The Rolling Stones: The “50 & Counting” tour continues with 9 shows in the U.S. starting in May in Los Angeles. The top-tier ticket (with fees) is a staggering $655. You can’t always get what you want.
2. Blake Shelton: His new album tops the country charts, he rules on “The Voice,” he’s hosting this Sunday night’s Academy of Country Music Awards. Meet the new King OF All Media.
3. Beyonce: She and Andre 3000 will remake “Back To Black” for “The Great Gatsby,” because when I think Jay Gatsby and Daisy Buchanan, Amy Winehouse is the first thing that comes to mind...
4. Jonas Bros.: The sibling trio comes roaring back with “Pom Poms,” which has hit No. 1 on iTunes’ charts in 16 countries. That means it’s not just cheerleaders listening.
5. The Beatles: “It was 49 years ago today/The Beatles showed the world they were here to stay/On the Billboard Hot 100 they came along/ the only act to ever hold down the Top 5 songs/ So let me introduce to you/still famous after all these years/The Beatles”
6. Justin Bieber: A small town in Norway is postponing school exams so students can go see The Biebs perform in Oslo. Now if he could only get his monkey back.
7. Lollapalooza: The Chicago festival announces its line-up in April 1, but the ticket sales are no joke: By April 3, all single-day and 3-day passes had sold out.
8. Coachella: The desert festival’s promoters ink a deal to keep the event in Indio, Calif. through 2030. Won’t all the hipsters finally be gone by then? Please?
9. Music Streaming: A new NPD study shows that folks between 13-35 prefer streaming to downloading. Why buy when you can rent?
10. Phil Ramone: One of the greatest modern record producers ever. Thanks for all the beautiful music. RIP
1958 | Drama | NRSummary: The Hellcats are an all-female gang bent on bucking authority and terrorizing the schools by doing things like having a bad attitude toward their teachers and parents. When Joyce, a new student, moves into the neighborhood, she draws the attention of The Hellcats. Desperate for acceptance and unh...Director: Edward Bernds
Cast: Yvonne Fedderson, Brett Halsey, Jana Lund, Susanne Sidney
2004 | Family | NRSummary: Where do childrens’ imaginary friends go when forgotten, cast-off, or told to disappear? To Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, an amazing house for unwanted Imaginary Friends.Director: Craig McCracken, Lauren Faust, Mike Moon (creators)
Cast: Keith Ferguson, Grey Griffin, Sean Marquette
1989 | War | RSummary: Robert Gould Shaw leads the US Civil War's first all-black volunteer company, fighting prejudices of both his own Union army and the Confederates.Director: Edward Zwick
Cast: Matthew Broderick, Denzel Washington, Cary Elwes, Morgan Freeman
2009 | Comedy | RSummary: Kevin Hart dominates the stage in a fast-paced and highly energetic stand-up performance featuring routines based on experiences with work, race, and family.Director: Shannon Hartman
Cast: Kevin Hart
1969 | Action | RSummary: Easy Rider is the classic cult film from the 1960s. A road movie that embodies the feeling of being a hippie as two friends head cross-country to Mardi Gras. A controversial period film by Dennis Hopper and Peter Fonda with some classic music from a generation of wanderers.Director: Dennis Hopper
Cast: Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper, Antonio Mendoza, Phil Spector
1994 | Drama | PGSummary: With their father away as a chaplain in the Civil War, Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy grow up with their mother in somewhat reduced circumstances. They are a close family who inevitably have their squabbles and tragedies. But the bond holds even when, later, male friends start to become a part of the hous...Director: Gillian Armstrong
Cast: Winona Ryder, Gabriel Byrne, Trini Alvarado, Samantha Mathis
1961 | Drama | NRSummary: Paul Newman is astoundingly great as pool shark "Fast Eddie" Felson, who hustles his way into a game with Minnesota Fats (Jackie Gleason) in the story of a gambler who risks everything to win.Director: Robert Rossen
Cast: Paul Newman, Jackie Gleason, Piper Laurie
2011 | Comedy | NRSummary: Wickedly funny show about three friends who are roommates and also co-workers at a mind-numbing telemarketing job.Director: Adam DeVine, Blake Anderson, Anders Holm,Kyle Newacheck, Connor Pritchard, Dominic Russo (creators)
Cast: Adam DeVine, Blake Anderson, Anders Holm
1996 | Drama | RSummary: Renton is living the dream and that dream is Heroin. As Renton struggles with the agony and ecstasy of his life we follow him and his increasingly unstable mates. Drinking, fighting, drugs, sex and the most disgusting toilet in Scotland. Choose Trainspotting.Director: Danny Boyle
Cast: Ewan McGregor, Ewen Bremner, Jonny Lee Miller, Robert Carlyle
Let Streaming Genie help you.