Mumford & Sons have already 'started working on new songs'
Freshly Grammy nominated crew don't want fans to wait 'years' again
Mumford & Sons' big hit single may be called "I Will Wait," but they don't want fans to wait too long for the next album.
Speaking to NME, Mumfords banjo player Winston Marshall said, "Will we wait years for the next album? F*ck, no... We've just started working on new songs, got a rehearsal studio. They're bones of songs, but really exciting bones. Sturdy bones."
Perhaps the vast commercial cusses off their latest "Babel" is some motivator, too: the roots rock album bowed in the U.S. with a whopping 600,000 units. Their first album "Sigh No More," from 2009/2010, was a slow-grower on these shores but has ultimately sold more than 2.5 million copies. That number will likely increase since the band was nominated for six Grammy Awards last night.
Mumford & Sons will return to tour the United States in 2013, you can see all dates
. The band has yet to release an official reaction to their Grammy nods, but had previously received several nominations for the 2012 ceremony for tracks like "The Cave."
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When