Movie Power Rankings: 'Twilight: Breaking Dawn' returns to the top spot
Where do 'Django Unchained,' 'Spider-Man' and 'The Avengers' end up?
The "Twilight" series is wrapping up this November with the release of "Breaking Dawn Part 2." It's been a long and extremely successful run of films which broke box office records and turned Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner into stars. Can Summit (and their new owners Lionsgate) really say goodbye to Bella, Edward and Jacob? Or will the series be re-booted, ala "Spider-Man"? They're saying no for now, but you never know what the future may hold. Either way, just the hint of a possible re-boot is enough to place it at No. 1 this week. Meanwhile, watch the steamy new "Breaking Dawn" trailer here.
Watch the video from Crackle here:
As for the rest of this week's list...
June 22, 2012
1. "The Twilight Saga" (Last week: Not ranked)
It's baaaaaack! And it will likely be fixture on the Movie Power Rankings for a while...
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
A steep drop at the domestic box office can't stop Ridley Scott's "Alien" spin-off from reaching $200 million internationally. We still have plenty of questions though. Maybe the sequel will provide some answers.
3. "Magic Mike" (Last week: Not ranked)
Yowza! Channing Tatum, Matt Bomer and Matthew McConaughey heat things up in the red band trailer for the male stripper melodrama. Bring some $1 bills.
4. "The Amazing Spider-Man" (Last week: Not ranked)
Fun new clips and cast interviews are adding potential value to a re-boot that many hardcore fans didn't seem to want in the first place. The early reviews are mostly positive as well.
5. "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" (Last week: Not ranked)
Looks like Shredder got his wish -- the Turtles are dead. Well, actually just the new Michael Bay-produced re-boot is dead. Paramount's been having a rough time with tentpoles recently.
6. "Django Unchained" (Last week: No. 3)
Quentin Tarantino's all-star cast gets even more all-star with the addition of Jonah Hill.
7. "Star Trek 2" (Last week: Not ranked)
IMAX: The Final Frontier. J.J. Abrams is boldly going there with the highly-anticipated sequel.
8. "The Avengers" (Last week: No. 4)
Jeez, this movie has made more money than Tony Stark. Think the sequel will top it?
9. "Madagascar 3" (Last week: No. 10)
The animated prequel surprisingly upsets both Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler at the box office. Third time's a charm.
10. "Rock of Ages" and "That's My Boy" (Last week: Not ranked)
Superstars Cruise and Sandler both had a really tough time at the box office last week. Well, there's always "Mission: Impossible -- Grown Ups Protocol."
Watch the previous installment of Movie Power Rankings here.
What do you think of this week's rankings? Share your thoughts below. Or tweet your thoughts with the hashtag #moviepowerrankings and tell us who you want to see in next week's edition.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition