Movie Power Rankings: 'Skyfall' knocks 'The Avengers' out of the top spot
Where do 'Dark Knight Rises,' 'Sin City 2' and 'Django Unchained' end up?
Bond. It's one of those legendary movie names that can stand on its own. And, this week, the ageless secret agent is the one who finally stops "The Avengers" from reaching the No. 1 spot for the fifth week in a row. Without even seeing a single frame, audiences would still line up to see 007 in his latest adventure "SkyFall," but the just-released teaser seals the deal with plenty of action, a sense of mystery, Roger Deakins' lush cinematography and the steely-eyed Daniel Craig. Then there's the awesome supporting cast featuring Ralph Fiennes, Judi Dench, Naomie Harris and Javier Bardem. If you're not on board after this, then there may not be much hope.
Watch the Movie Power Rankings video from Crackle here:
As for the rest of this week's list...
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
3. "The Avengers" (Last Week: No. 1)
The biggest movie of the year (even if Edward Norton hasn't seen it) is also providing Robert Downey Jr. with the biggest paycheck of all-time.
4. "The Dark Knight Rises" (Last Week: No. 4)
Batman, Catwoman, Bane! Posters! And more!
5. "Anchorman 2" (Last Week: No. 9)
News team assemble! Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell) and his pals are back for round two, and the new teasers are gonna make you cream. Plus witches!
6. "The Amazing Spider-Man" (Last Week: Not ranked)
Regular trailers just don't cut it anymore. We need a big, action-packed four-minute preview like this one.
7. "Snow White and the Hutsman" (Last Week: No. 2)
A slew of new clips featuring Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron have hit the web, and fans are getting appropriately stoked.
8. "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" (Last Week: Not ranked)
Ready for a second date with Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson and, um... Mickey Rourke? The long-awaited sequel to Robert Rodriguez' sleazy neo-noir has gotten a release date.
9. "Men in Black 3" (Last Week: Unranked)
This week's big opener is building a big buzz and the ten years-overdue threequel will likely finally unthrone "The Avengers" at the top of the box office.
10. "Django Unchained" (Last Week: No. 3)
Cannes festival-goers were wowed by a sneak peek of Quentin Tarantino's upcoming all-star western (Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington, Samuel L. Jackson, Christoph Waltz, et al).
Watch the previous installment of Movie Power Rankings here.
What do you think of this week's rankings? Share your thoughts below. Or tweet your thoughts with the hashtag #mpr and tell us who you want to see in next week's edition.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season