Movie Power Rankings: Comic-Con 2012 rises to the top spot
Where do 'Hunger Games,' Spider-Man' and 'Dark Knight Rises' end up?
Only something as massive as the annual San Diego Comic-Con could knock "The Amazing Spider-Man" from the top spot the week after it opened. Not even Spidey can stop the ever-expanding pop culture juggernaut which includes 4 and a half days of panels, previews, celebrity interviews, cosplay and, oh yeah, comics. There's too much to cover in a single paragraph, so head here to see HitFix's exhaustive coverage of the event.
Watch the Movie Power Rankings video from Crackle here:
As for the rest of this week's list...
July 13, 2012
1. Comic-Con (Last week: No. 4)
Don't forget to hydrate!
2. "The Amazing Spider-Man" (Last week: No. 1)
Despite some fears, the Sony reboot has swung to a handsome $140 million in its first 6 days, and -- surprise! -- two more films will follow.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
How is it not July 20 yet? Depsite Christopher Nolan's penchant for secrecy, more and more info is coming to light seemingly everyday. At least a handful of fans won't need to wait quite as long.
4. "Ted" (Last week: No. 3)
Seth McFarlane already rules TV animation with the long-running "Family Guy," now his feature debut has scored a surprising $120 million.
5. "Pacific Rim" (Last week: Not ranked)
Guillermo del Toro takes on giant robots and monsters. We have the cool new poster to prove it.
6. "Dredd" (Last week: Not ranked)
The big screen do-over starring Karl Urban ("Lord of the Rings") as the Judge may be the first part of planned trilogy, and will be screened at Comic-Con months in advance. That's a good sign.
7. "The Hunger Games" (Last week: No. 10)
The final book in the series, "Mockingjay," will be turned into two films, for maximum profit.
8. "The Hobbit" (Last week: Not ranked)
Peter Jackson is ready to wow Comic-Con fans once again with his two-part "Lord of the Rings" prequel. The new poster looks pretty nifty too.
9. Walt Disney Studios (Last week: Not ranked)
Remember when Disney looked like a chump when "John Carter" bombed? Boy, things have changed since "The Avengers" and "Brave" made up for it. They've pushed the studio past (way past) the $1 billion barrier faster than any other studio.
10. RoboCop (Last week: Not ranked)
The upcoming remake's scary dystopian future is highlighted in some cool new viral videos. You don't even need to buy it for a dollar -- it's free!
Watch the previous installment of Movie Power Rankings here.
What do you think of this week's rankings? Share your thoughts below. Or tweet your thoughts with the hashtag #moviepowerrankings and tell us who you want to see in next week's edition.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly